Having the printer connected to your computer is one of setup process you have to do at the workplaces. The newest models of printer are able to directly connect to the Wi-Fi network so not only you can print from desktop device, but also from your Android or iOS mobile. Knowing how to properly do the setup will ensure that the printing machine is available for you to use whenever you need it. The guides below help you understand how to connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi connection, with all the required steps and configuration setups that needed for both your computer and the machine. The procedures are actually quite simple and easy to understand. Follow the steps provided below thoroughly and get the machine to do its best performance.
Detailed Guides on How to Connect the Printer to Wi-Fi Easily
There are two major parts on how to connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi, connecting the printing machine to the network, and installing the printer driver. Read about both parts further below.
Part I: Connecting to Wi-Fi by Using WLAN
- Before setting up the printing machine, find out the network settings of the wireless router you’re using. Check the network name (or also knows as the SSID or ESSID) and the network key (or also known as the security key, password, or encryption key) of your current wireless network settings. This information will be useful later, so write it down.
- If you have no idea where to find the name and network key on the wireless router, check for the side or base of the access point or the router. If there is no information there, see the manual book of it.
The next step on how to connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi is to set up the printing machine on your wireless network. After locating and accessing the settings of your wireless network, set the Brother printing machine by following the steps provided below:
- Turn on the Brother printing machine by connecting it to the power cord, and then proceed by connecting the power to electric socket.
- On the printing machine’s control panel, press ‘Menu’.
- Next, select the Network by using ‘Up’ or ‘Down’ arrow key, then press ‘OK’.
- Select the WLAN by using ‘Up’ or ‘Down’ arrow key, then press ‘OK’. Keep a note that this particular step may vary between different Brother’s printer machines.
- Select ‘Setup Wizard’ by pressing ‘Up’ or ‘Down’ arrow key, then press ‘OK’.
- To enable your wireless network, choose ‘Yes’ on question ‘WLAN Enable?’, then the wireless setup wizard will start shortly.
- Next, the printing machine will search your network. A list of available network name will appear. Select your network names or SSID on the display list by using ‘Up’ or ‘Down’ arrow key, then press ‘OK’ when you find the SSID that you wrote down prior.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Use authentication and encryption method. Here, you will need your network key or password. Type in your network key then press ‘OK’ to apply. Choose ‘Yes’ when asked whether you want to apply the settings.
- Use Open System authentication method. If the encryption mode appears ‘None’ then you can directly go ahead to the next step.
- Let the machine connect you the selected wireless network. Check if either:
- It has connected successfully. In this case, the LCD will display ‘Connected’ status, then print report on wireless connection.
- It has failed the connection. The machine will report on the failure status. Look for the error code written on the report that has printed.
- Download Brother printing machine’s software, and then install it. The last step on how to connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi is to install the driver. To download the driver for both Windows OS and MAC OS users, go to the official Brother’s printer website, select the ‘Download’ section, and choose package of ‘Full Driver and Software’. From there, follow the installation instruction that provided inside the official website page.
Part II: Installing Printer Drivers to Connect Printer to Wi-Fi
There are two ways you can get the Brother’s printer driver. The first is by downloading it from the official website as the part one on how to connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi stated above. Jump right into the step 5 of the guide below if you’re using this first method. Second, is by using the CD given when you bought the machine. Follow right from the first step if you’re using this second option.
- Access the system on your desktop and stop all the currently running programs in the system background, to make the installation process go faster and smoother.
- Disable your antivirus program first while the setup is running. After the installation setup has completed, you can enable it back.
- Get the CD driver and the manual book of the Brother’s printing machine prepared.
- Insert the CD into your system.
- Open the setup application to start the process. The setup will ask you to select the connectable network for your Brother’s Printer machine, and then ask you to choose preferred language to use.
- The installation process will appear on your screen with various options. It is recommended to choose Pro-suite version, as you can get access to the full Drive and Software Package. The package includes options of both wireless and wired network options.
- Click ‘Next’ after you have chosen the suite option.
- Choose your selected wireless network.
- If there’s antivirus windows appearing, you can choose either of two options:
- Alter the antivirus port and continue to install the printer setup process.
- Continue without having to alter the antivirus port.
- Follow the instructions on-screen, or read the instructions from manual book guide.
- Click ‘Next’ until the setup process has completed.
- The printer will be completed successfully after you have completed the setup.
The tutorials on how to connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi will let you connect it smoothly and conveniently. If the steps fail you, then check what could trigger the issue, such as outdated printer driver or the change of Wi-Fi security key.